Our Navigator Games team is growing! We’ve partnered with an established publisher, known for their role-playing video game franchises, to bring an animated television series to the mobile universe! As we step into the production phase of our new fantasy game, we are looking to expand upon our existing talent to bring stylized worlds and characters to life through immersive gameplay.
Our VFX artists create special effects for characters and/or objects in game, and contribute to the visual elements of the gameplay. As a VFX artist, you can expect to work in a team environment to provide artwork for highly visual and interactive mobile games. The VFX artist is responsible for special effects on a project for mobile platforms while pushing and maintaining high quality standards.
WHAT THE JOB ENTAILS:
- Work with the Art Lead to understand the art style, and create visual FX for characters, and interface
- Understand technical restrictions/limitations of the hardware, and create compelling visual FX within those constraints
- Collaborate with Senior Artists, and animation team, to add visual FX to game assets including character animations, logos, HUD elements, interface, environments and icons/symbols
- Collaborate with the game director, game designers and programmers to understand the quality objectives, gameplay intentions and engine capacities in order to anticipate the in-game look of the visual FX
- Collaborate with game designers to understand and emphasize the intended game behaviors
- Ensure visual FX meet technical and visual quality standards
- Manage visual FX bugs and task workload in order to hit sprint and release deadlines
- Collaborate with programmers to design and create animation motion trees/state machines for game characters
HOW WE’LL KNOW YOU’RE A FIT FOR THE JOB:
- Knowledge of 3D art optimization techniques and emerging mobile games
- Strong understanding of game pipelines and integration processes
- Experienced in the use of art creation tools (Unity, After Effects)
- Knowledge of the Shuriken Particle System in Unity
- Ability to paint and create texture sprite assets
- Produce exceptional VFX in a timely manner with excellent attention to details
- Work in a truly agile fashion
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Experience working with Unity to implement your work into game pipelines, and test the quality/effectiveness of your work
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills across multiple audiences
- Ability to interact professionally with all team members across the organization
- Resourceful, enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Deliver and receive performance feedback in a mature manner
- Ability to write shaders in Unity is an asset
At Navigator Games, we pride ourselves on creating a dynamic and supportive space for all. We are committed to promoting equal employment opportunities. Our studio is founded on the values of trust, adventure, can-do-attitude, resourcefulness and going the extra mile.
In response to the preventative measures to reduce risk of COVID-19, our team is currently working 100% remote. When we resume normal business operations, we have opportunities for employees to work in the office or continue to work remotely in Canada.
This is a full time position with benefits. Our Vancouver Studio is located downtown at 1220 – 1095 West Pender Street, Vancouver, BC V6E 2M6.
Check out our Legacy of the Beast trailer here