Navigator Games is a successful Vancouver-based RPG Studio founded on the values of excellence, respect, ownership, collaboration and fun. If you are passionate about mobile gaming, and enjoy working in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment, we want to hear from you!
As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for the development, maintenance and optimization of new and existing systems and game features on our products. Software Engineers own features from “end to end”. They collaborate with other team members to iterate and refine systems, designs and code.
- Design, develop, write, test extensible, performant and robust code.
- Implementing ‘full stack’ code from Front End through the simulation layer up to the server / database level and back again.
- Work with designers, artists and other team members involved in the development of products.
- Anticipate, identify and articulate problem areas and develop preventative solutions.
- Contribute to the maintenance and optimization of existing products as required.
- Ensure all code created is robust, maintainable, and meets or exceeds established coding standards/conventions.
- Identify and communicate technical problems/limitations and any potential solutions/tradeoffs to leadership.
- Work with production to schedule and estimate tasks, identify high risk items, prioritize dependencies and flag problems as they arise.
- Keep up to date on any entries that may be necessary to support the Company’s tax credit and, such other duties as the company may assign from time to time
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer systems engineering, software engineering or mathematics
- 3+ Years of relevant experience working in a fast-paced, small-mid team environment
- Unity Game development (at least one game shipped using Unity is preferred)
- Understanding of how to live operate mobile games is an asset
- Experience with iOS and/or Android development processes with at least one shipped mobile game
- Ramp up quickly on new technologies and engines as required by a particular project.
- Excellent understanding of software engineering principles and problem solving techniques
- Organized, detail-oriented and able to deliver projects on time
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated, self starting personality
This is for a full-time position at our Vancouver Studio located downtown at 1220 – 1095 West Pender Street, Vancouver, BC V6E 2M6.