We are looking for a Technical Designer that is passionate about building and playing mobile RPG games. The successful candidate has a passion for identifying new forms of combat to create engaging gameplay that drives player engagement. This individual should have high technical acumen with writing code and a high proficiency in both creative and technical spaces.
The Technical Designer is responsible for implementing gameplay content that goes directly into players hands, and evolves as players progress through the game. As part of a multidisciplinary team, this role will contribute to the creation of player experiences, taking existing components and combining them into new and exciting ways to create compelling gameplay. The Technical Designer has the expertise to comprehend then organize system complexity and convey it simply through documentation and presentation.
- Implements gameplay content using in-house tools based on design specifications.
- Use player feedback to drive decision making in designs.
- Reads and debugs code with engineering input, oversight and support.
- Interpret analytics to understand player behaviour and inform design solutions.
- Can streamline and improve the character and abilities content creation process.
- Creates and maintains design documentation for abilities systems and component effects.
- Contributes input on the game’s vision and helps champion that vision to other team members.
- Works closely with QA on comprehensive test plans and fixing combat gameplay related bugs.
- Understands and organizes complex systems to simplify and communicate to other departments.
- Collaborate with design director, animators, engineers, and FX artists to design, prototype, and build new gameplay.
- Identify areas to extend the creation pipeline, including but not limited to building new tools.
- Practical application of computer sciences in-game development.
- 5+ years experience in video game development in a gameplay engineering or technical design capacity.
- Experience scripting with various game engines such as Unreal Engine, with an emphasis on the Unity engine and C#.
- Appreciation and understanding of a wide variety of RPG hero collector games in the mobile genre.
- Shipped a minimum of one title in a commercial capacity.
- Solid understanding of core game mechanics.
- Self-starter who works well within a creative team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Constructively takes and provide feedback.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
Check out our Legacy of the Beast trailer here