Navigator Games is a successful Vancouver-based RPG Studio founded on the values of excellence, respect, ownership, collaboration and fun. If you are passionate about mobile gaming, and enjoy working in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment, we want to hear from you!
The Engineering team is responsible for establishing a culture of quality by refining and enforcing quality standards and processes.The Front End Developer has a passion for solving complex software problems and has a keen eye for developing strategies to continuously improve game performance.
- Design, code, test, debug and document high quality software
- Contribute to the maintenance and optimization of existing products as required
- Work with the development team to schedule and estimate tasks, identify high risk items, prioritize dependencies and flag problems as they arise
- Ensure all code created is robust, maintainable, and meets or exceeds established coding standards/conventions
- Identify and communicate technical problems or limitations with a solution-oriented approach
- Ramp up quickly on new technologies and engines as required by a particular project.
- Excellent understanding of software engineering principles and problem solving techniques
- Work closely with producers, artists, designers and other programmers in a highly collaborative and agile environment
- Build and support tools that improve the workflows of artists, designers, and other programmers.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer systems engineering, software engineering or mathematics
- 3+ Years of industry experience in development
- Unity Game development (at least one game shipped using Unity is preferred)
- Understanding of how to live operate mobile games is an asset
- Highly motivated, self starting personality
- Familiarity with React and Webpack, bonus experience with Angular and ReactNative
- Enjoys working in a collaborative fast-paced team environment
- Experience working in an Agile environment
At Navigator Games, we pride ourselves on creating a dynamic and supportive space for all We are committed to promoting equal employment opportunities.
Check out our Legacy of the Beast trailer here