Navigator Games is a successful Vancouver-based RPG Studio founded on the values of excellence, respect, ownership, collaboration and fun. If you are passionate about mobile gaming, and enjoy working in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment, we want to hear from you!
Our Visual FX artists create special FX for characters and/or objects in game, and contribute to the visual elements of the gameplay. As a Visual FX artist, you can expect to work in a team environment to provide artwork for highly visual and interactive mobile games. The Visual FX artist is responsible for special FX on a project for mobile platforms while pushing and maintaining high quality standards.
- Work with the Art Lead to understand the art style, and create visual FX for characters, and interface
- Understand technical restrictions/limitations of the hardware, and create compelling visual FX within those constraints
- Collaborate with Senior Artists, and animation team, to add visual FX to game assets including character animations, logos, HUD elements, interface, environments and icons/symbols
- Collaborate with the game director, game designers and programmers to understand the quality objectives, gameplay intentions and engine capacities in order to anticipate the in-game look of the visual FX
- Collaborate with game designers to understand and emphasize the intended game behaviours
- Ensure visual FX meet technical and visual quality standards
- Manage visual FX bugs and task workload in order to hit sprint and release deadlines
- Collaborate with programmers to design and create animation motion trees/state machines for game characterizer duties as the company may assign from time to time
- Knowledge of 3D art optimization techniques and emerging mobile games
- Strong understanding of game pipelines and integration processes
- Experienced in the use of art creation tools (Unity, After Effects)
- Ability to paint and create texture sprite assets
- Produce exceptional VFX in a timely manner with excellent attention to details
Work in a truly agile fashion
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Experience working with Unity to implement your work into game pipelines, and test the quality/effectiveness of your work
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills across multiple audiences
- Ability to interact professionally with all team members across the organization
- Resourceful, enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Deliver and receive performance feedback in a mature manner
Please include a portfolio and/or reel with your application.
This is for a full-time position at our Vancouver Studio located downtown at 1220 – 1095 West Pender Street, Vancouver, BC V6E 2M6.