Our Sr Game Designer is an enthusiastic, multi-talented individual who works closely with our production and marketing teams to create designs that are innovative, fun, engaging and commercially viable. This person is an ambassador of the game design department responsible for communicating the product vision, designing features and content, and providing creative direction to a cross discipline production team. The Sr Game Designer works with the Project Manager and senior level stakeholders to ensure product direction is of high quality and in alignment with product and business goals, deliverables are met in a timely manner, and project scope is managed appropriately.
Skills needed include exceptional attention to detail and ability to conduct product and market research, respond quickly to changing business needs/timelines and completing quality design documentation and communication on time. Past experience with game production, mobile game design, online games, and presentation is essential. Also, experience with online gaming communities, knowledge of emerging gaming trends and strong communication skills are required.
- Game design tasks include: product, brand, users, and market research and analysis, feature design, content design, metagame analysis and design, design documentation, crafting design presentations
- Define and prioritize game features based on overall product vision including core game mechanics, compulsion loops and monetization strategies
- Work with management, producers, creative, technical and development teams to ensure project vision, create game design documentation, and help in team leadership
- Hands-on creation, iteration and tuning of the game’s balance and economy in partnership with analytics and live ops teams
- Set scope and priorities of features and content on the product roadmap to meet project goals
- Collaborate with studio leadership on game direction, roadmap and live operations to ensure high quality releases on time and at the highest quality.
- Work closely with the design, art and programming team members to deliver work on time within tight schedules
- Effectively design with minimal supervision, taking ownership of quality and completion of creative content and oversee the work of all other designers on the team
- Communicate designs clearly and consistently to other team members and production partners
- Work with analytics tools to define and review the game’s metrics to drive improvements to meet project KPIs
- Partner with the production and QA teams to ensure a consistent user experience across multiple devices and platforms when required
- Research and keep up with mobile and free-to-play game market trends, patterns and best practices
- Become an expert in the product genre
- Develop a deep understanding of our players’ needs and motivations
- Present creative ideas for game concepts and design to a wide variety of audiences (including the programming team, executive team, or members of our target audience).
5+ years of industry experience in game design, with a minimum of 2 launched titles
- Strong understanding of systemic game design and mechanics balancing with the ability to create and oversee the implementation of features from initial concept
- Ability to handle technical aspects of game design such as data spreadsheet pipeline concerns and system mechanics design
- Detail-oriented, problem solving skills with the ability to quickly identify issues and resolve them.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills, including interpersonal and written.
- Familiarity with Scrum methodology
- Self starter with a strong sense of ownership and energy
- Ability to manage multiple projects, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to analyze and apply data to improve results
At Navigator Games, we pride ourselves on creating a dynamic and supportive space for all We are committed to promoting equal employment opportunities.
Check out our Legacy of the Beast trailer here