Our Quality Assurance Lead performs a vital role as the first line of defence, reporting on usability, playability and identifying areas of the game which could be improved as well as coordinating with QA testers both in studio and outsourced. The Quality Assurance Lead is responsible for assuring quality in the final product and for finding issues in a product before it goes public and during “live” operations.
In addition to providing testing and test plan creation and reviews the Quality Assurance Lead will be establishing direction for the QA team for the upcoming sprints. QA Lead will represent the QA department in production meetings. QA Lead will be responsible for creating risk and mitigation plans for the QA department and coordinating QA teams.
- Be a vital step in the release process for validating builds prior to upload or release to client and giving recommendations on whether the build is ready to go live or not
- Lead the project planning and testing through all phases of development.
- Perform risk analysis and escalate issues to management team when necessary
- Participate in review of requirements and designs
- Assist with recruiting and training of new talent.
- Coordinate with the development team to schedule testing, and determine testing scope and resourcing for products, both live and in development
- Build test plans that ensure complete testing coverage
- Effectively communicate the status of the QA plan to management and the development team
- Manage the Jira database, bug reports, testing for development milestones and product submissions.
- Track and publish product metrics to illustrate success and identify areas for improvement.
- Work with QA outsourcing teams to facilitate effective testing results and reporting.
- Test games to identify software defects, write bug reports, run test cases and verify fixes
- Own and recommend improvements to our QA processes.
- Proactively gather feedback from users (i.e. forums) and monitor customer satisfaction
- Test in a fast-paced environment with both long and short development cycles
- Work with designers, developers and PM to identify and define testing risks
- Support live rapid deployment service
- Share expertise in QA workflow with peers and team members, encouraging best practices for testing and test automation.
- 4+ years testing experience in the games industry, ideally mobile games.
- 1+ years overseeing day-to-day tasks of a team.
- Completion of SQE Software Testing Certification recommended.
- Proficiency with both Android and Apple devices
- A team player with strong communication skills
- Strong aptitude to learn quickly and effectively
- A sense of humour and a work hard, play hard attitude
- Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made.
- An excellent understanding of the English language.
- Able to write concise and well-organized documents. Very precise written expression.
- Solid leadership skills
- Experience in working within short deadlines, ability to work under pressure
- Patience to perform detailed and repetitive testing.
At Navigator Games, we pride ourselves on creating a dynamic and supportive space for all We are committed to promoting equal employment opportunities.
Check out our Legacy of the Beast trailer here