Navigator Games is a successful Vancouver-based RPG Studio founded on the values of excellence, respect, ownership, collaboration and fun. If you are passionate about mobile gaming, and enjoy working in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment, we want to hear from you!
The Project Manager coordinates discipline leads, and manages a variety of discipline staff including artists, designers, software engineers, QA and other members of the production. The Project Manager drives the project plan, and guide the team through each phase of development. The Project Manager is the key driver of quality, and ensures a strong focus on collaboration, and communication within the team.
- Define quality targets for project deliverables, features, and content (e.g financial targets, high quality product, happy customers)
- Identify potential problems early, come prepared with an array of solutions to mitigate project risk.
- Oversee and evaluate project schedule, track work dependencies to inform work assignments and team resources to fulfill project goals.
- Create and maintain project management documents including status reports, project plans, communications plans, post-mortems and compiling of historical information.
- Provides line management to employees across disciplines and project teams
- Drive product delivery through team management at a project-level; balancing the needs of quality, cost & time.
- Monitor financial targets, looking to optimize costs and efficiencies throughout development
- Analyze & interpret data to inform business decisions and drive the team to improve key performance indicators
- Drive iterative system and process improvement, reduce waste, improve efficiency.
- Collaborate with key project stakeholders to define the high-level product plan, product deliverables, key milestones, and resource requirements.
- Facilitate strategic short and long-term planning and decision-making with studio leadership & executives.
- In partnership with the Game Director and executives, define product priorities based on delivering the highest value features.
- Collaborate with senior leadership to inspire a shared vision of the product
- Model and promote the values of our business within the studio: trust, adventure, can-do-attitude, resourcefulness, go the extra mile
- Evolve effective teams by providing healthy challenges, coaching individuals and through conflict management
- Clearly communicate goals, responsibilities, changes and feedback to all levels
- Maintain regular communication with project team and coordinate dependencies with executive stakeholders.
- ]Partner with your technical leaders (design, art, programming, publishing & QA) to ensure communication is open and clear
- 3-5 years of project management or the creation and development of digital products
- Post secondary education preferred, PMP certification an asset.
- Strong leadership presence with top-notch communication skills
- Experience with Agile, SCRUM, and JIRA – dashboards, filters, agile boards, admin setup
- Knowledge of a game’s development lifecycle, and when / how to begin key testing phases eg. performance / network /compliance etc.
- Significant mobile application testing experience (iOS/Android) – functional & non-functional
- Experience working with senior leadership & stakeholders
- Passion for mobile and free-to-play games
- Resilience to work in a flexible, start-up environment.
- Inspires a collaborative environment and fosters team building
- Self-starter who juggles multiple projects at once
- Calm under pressure with systematic approach to problem solving
- An inherent ‘can do’ attitude, supporting and inspiring others
This is a full time permanent position at our studio located in downtown Vancouver.
Check out our Legacy of the Beast trailer here