Navigator Games is a successful Vancouver-based RPG Studio founded on the values of excellence, respect, ownership, collaboration and fun. If you are passionate about mobile gaming, and enjoy working in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment, we want to hear from you!
The Live Ops Designer owns the creation, execution and performance of live events in our game, Legacy of the Beast. In the spirit of collaboration, the successful candidate will navigate relationships within the production team to inspire game economy, communicate game design features, drive high quality through test plans and produce deliverables in a timely manner.
- Design and implement live events and content releases to constantly keep players engaged and monetizing.
- Work with the art team and lead designer to ensure we’re extracting the best possible value out of our scheduled game content.
- Create detailed documentation for each event for approval and creation of QA test plans.
- Drive the review process on the design for the Live Ops monthly plan.
- Work with our Product Manager to ensure that each event contains all necessary special offers required to achieve revenue projections.
- Write up forum post docs for events that are going live.
- Use our dashboards to analyze the performance of each event, creating hypotheses where projections are over or under target.
- Drive improvements for the Live Ops pipelines, tools and processes.
- Periodically champion technical advancements necessary to facilitate new, higher-performing event types.
- Cultivate a positive team dynamic and exhibit a professional attitude by demonstrating a good balance between creativity and practical flexibility.
- Participate in other game feature designs from early planning stages to live releases.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience with an emphasis on game design
- 2+ years of game design and live operations for a commercially successful mobile game.
- Exceptional understanding of F2P games including economies, player progression and live events.
- Impeccable excel skills and understanding of spreadsheets for tuning and balancing systems.
- Great attention to detail and highly organized.
- Deep understanding of the mobile RPG genre.
- Data modelling and visualization skills.
This is for a full-time position at our Vancouver Studio located downtown at 1220 – 1095 West Pender Street, Vancouver, BC V6E 2M6.