The Art Manager will collaborate with Production Leads and Brand Partners to ensure the visual and narrative quality of our games maximizes our existing tools and technologies, while constantly striving for improvement. The successful candidate will be a natural leader who grows internal talent and effectively manages outsourcing teams.
This highly creative and skilled individual will guide the visual development and content creations for Navigator Games’ mobile RPGs. The Art manager will be a mentor to the art team, and drive the quality and consistency of the visuals through concept, design, and delivery, while directing the tone and experience through well developed visual boards and strong communication.
- Successfully iterate, constantly improve, and revise the art plan and vision in accordance with the current and future product roadmaps that you and the team create.
- Collaborate with the Team Leads to define and drive art direction of the game including new features and live operations.
- Communicate the artistic vision and direction to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Conduct performance reviews with the input and support of the supervisors /managers
- Flag hiring needs, recruit and onboard future Artists and Animators in the studio
- Promote our creative studio culture
- Partner with Production Leads to plan sprints, provide estimates, manage risks and assign tasks, ensuring work is sent to the right resources and completed in a timely manner.
- Organize regular cadence of production meetings like Scrums, brainstorms, peer reviews, etc
- Work with external teams including outsourcing partners through effective communication and maintaining the vision through project briefs and revisions.
- Ensure clear guidelines for consistency of all artwork and animation produced by the team and by external (outsource) resources.
- Maintain team Jira boards including the creation of tasks, and distribution of art-related bugs.
- Inspire and motivate the art team to deliver their best work while providing effective and constructive feedback.
- Create art content, through a proficiency in any one or more of the art disciplines (i.e. Animation, Modelling, Concept Art, UI, etc…).
- Support artists on their career development plans within studio
- Create and relate meaningful and timely development feedback to artists
- Work with Team Leads to support & manage cross collaboration and development opportunities for the artists
- 5+ years games industry art experience, 3+ years of which should have been in a senior position.
- Post-Secondary Education in an art-related field
- Able to give effective critiques and also take feedback & criticism.
- Demonstration of strong all-around art skills in both 2D and 3D.
- Solid understanding of popular mobile games and their art direction.
- Agile performer with the ability to adapt quickly to project changes.
- Ability to adhere to tight deadlines and follow guidelines, processes and schedules.
- Proficient in Maya (preferred), 3D Max or XSI experience a plus.
- Familiarity with managing projects through the project management tools: Jira, Confluence, Google apps, etc.)
- Must work well with deadlines and be self-motivated and directed.
At Navigator Games, we pride ourselves on creating a dynamic and supportive space for all We are committed to promoting equal employment opportunities.
Check out our Legacy of the Beast trailer here